In use by offshore sailors and racers around the world, the Pelagic Autopilot is a sophisticated, yet simple standalone system designed to perform in a variety of conditions.
Our state of the art 9 axis gyro based system processes data on the vessel's pitch, roll and yaw to monitor and predict boat movement in any sea state, whether surfing downwind or beating against the trades. Its internal compass is independent of other onboard systems, allowing the autopilot to keep you on course long after the chartplotter gives out.
The control head can be mounted in 4 different orientations; stern facing (the most popular and shown in the above photo), bow facing, port facing or starboard facing. To simplify installation, we preset this at the factory but you can easily change this once onboard without having to recalibrate the system.
If you want to sail a high course or maintain sheet angles despite compass headings, the Pelagic system can incorporate your NMEA 0183 apparent wind data as well. NMEA 2K requires a gateway, like the Actisense NGW-1.
The Pelagic system is trusted by offshore sailors around the world. Install one on your boat for better performance and safety.
- Control head with internal compass/gyros and front panel controls
- Motor drive electronics unit
- 20' IP68 data cable for connecting the control head and motor drive units
- Ruggedized IP65 rated actuator with Bulgin connector, mounting bracket and stainless deck pin
- Deck mounted brass socket and stainless pin for connecting to the tiller
- Watertight deck mounted Bulgin connector and cover to pass drive signals to the actuator
- Wireless remote control (see accessories)
- Adds support for course changes of 10° and 25°
- Actuator parts kit. This is a back up actuator that can be used for spares or converted to an operational actuator by attaching it to the actuator mounting bracket and Bulgin connector.
- Actuator extension kit
Fabric covers for actuators and control head (see accessories)
- Ten foot (10') extension cable
- Data from nine MEMS sensors monitor the vessel's attitude and is used to adjust course and to compensate for roll, pitch, and yaw.
- NMEA 0183 data can be monitored to enable wind direction steering.
- A simple user interface is implemented in a watertight control head.
- Support for 2°, 10°, 25° and 95° course adjustment
- 10° and 25° course adjustments require use of optional wireless remote
- Dimmable LED lamps indicate system status.
- Low voltage indicator
- The control head is housed in a IP67 watertight enclosures.
Pelagic Warranty: One year