Autopilot for Tiller Steering - Complete Kit
If you are looking for the simplest, most durable, most accurate autopilot system used by offshore cruisers and racers around the world, then you have come to the right place.
The Pelagic system was designed from the ground up by offshore sailors, to work no matter what. No longer must you put up with flimsy and inaccurate autopilots that can't keep a course heading with the slightest wind or wave pressure.
The system consists of the motor controller, tiller actuator, and Bulgin waterproof connector.
Our state of the art 9 axis gyro autopilot uses data from roll, pitch, and yaw to monitor and predict boat movement in any sea state, regardless if you are surfing downwind, or beating against the tradewinds. Its internal compass works as long as it maintains a 12 volt power source and is completely independent of any other system on your vessel, so you know that the autopilot will keep you on course long after your chart plotter gives out.
For those wishing to sail the highest course or maintain sheeting angles despite compass headings, The Pelagic System can incorporate your Nmea 0183 or 2k apparent wind data as well.
The Pelagic system is trusted by offshore sailors around the world, install one on your boat today for better performance and safety at sea.
– Data from nine MEMS sensors monitor the vessels attitude and is used to adjust course and to compensate for roll, pitch, and yaw.
– Flexible drive electronics allows operation with existing wheel, below deck hydraulics, and tiller drive installations.
– NMEA 0183 data can be monitored to enable wind direction steering.
– Wireless remote control is available.
– Drive large motors/pumps (type 2) or linear actuators, up to 25 amp.
– A simple user interface is implemented in a watertight control head. Dim-able LEDs indicate status.
– Implemented in two enclosures, a control head, and a motor driver NEMA watertight enclosure.
Introductory Pricing Deliveries:
– The Control Head plus Motor Drive electronics.
– A remote control
– A Bulgin 3 pin water tight connector pair for on deck connection of the tiller wand, if ordered.