Autopilot Controller with Heavy Duty Electronics for Type 1, 2, and 3 Below Deck Systems (current lead time 3 weeks)
An autopilot controller for types 1, 2, or 3 below deck or wheel attached steering systems.
Upgrade your existing below deck or tiller autopilot system with our state of the art 9-axis gyro controller, increasing accuracy and dependability.
Our autopilot controller uses data from the unit's internal roll, pitch, and yaw gyros to monitor and predict boat movement in any sea state, whether surfing downwind, or beating against the trades. Its internal compass works as long as it maintains a 12 volt power source and is completely independent of any other system on your vessel.
For those wishing to sail the highest course or maintain sheeting angles despite compass headings, the Pelagic System can incorporate your NMEA 0183 apparent wind data. NMEA 2K wind data can be accessed using a gateway.
The Pelagic system is trusted by offshore sailors around the world, install one on your boat today for better performance and safety at sea.
When placing your order, specify stern or bow facing orientation for the Control unit. This is the direction that the buttons on the control panel face. Refer to the above photos for reference. While the orientation can be changed in the field, they are pre-set from the factory to simplify the installation process.
- Autopilot Control head with front panel.
- Power electronics for drive of your existing 12 volt rudder mechanism.
- Output for clutch control.
- Input for rudder sensors.
- Wireless remote control
- Adds support for course changes of 10° and 25°
- Canvas cover for Control unit
- Adaptive algorithm’s adjust power level to conditions.
- Data from nine MEMS sensors monitor the vessels attitude and is used to adjust course and to compensate for roll, pitch, and yaw.
- Flexible drive electronics allows operation with existing wheel, below deck hydraulics, and tiller drive installations.
- NMEA 0183 can be monitored to enable wind direction steering. Add a NMEA 2K converter for tracking 2K bus data.
- Drive large motors/pumps (type 1, 2, 3) or linear actuators, up to 25 amp.
- A simple user interface is implemented in a watertight control head.
- Support for 2°, 10°, 25° and 95° course adjustments.
- 10° and 25° adjustments require use of optional wireless remote
- Dimmable LEDs indicate status
- Implemented in two enclosures; control unit and a motor drive box IP65 rated enclosure.
- Optional wireless remote.
Pelagic Warranty: One year