Autopilot Controller for type 1, 2, and 3 below deck systems (lead time is 4 weeks)
A autopilot controller for types 1, 2, or 3 below deck or wheel attached steering systems.
Upgrade your existing below deck or tiller autopilot system with our state of the art 9-axis gyro controller. Increase accuracy and dependability.
Our autopilot controller uses data from the units internal roll, pitch, and yaw gyros to monitor and predict boat movement in any sea state, regardless if you are surfing downwind, or beating against the tradewinds. It's internal compass works as long as it maintains a 12 volt power source and is completely independent of any other system on your vessel.
For those wishing to sail the highest course or maintain sheeting angles despite compass headings, The Pelagic System can incorporate your NMEA 0183 apparent wind data
The Pelagic system is trusted by offshore sailors around the world, install one on your boat today for better performance and safety at sea.
What is included:
+ Autopilot Control head with front panel.
+ Power electronics for drive of your existing 12 volt rudder mechanism.
+ Output for clutch control.
+ Input for rudder sensors.
– Adaptive algorithm’s adjust power level to conditions.
– Data from nine MEMS sensors monitor the vessels attitude and is used to adjust course and to compensate for roll, pitch, and yaw.
– Flexible drive electronics allows operation with existing wheel, below deck hydraulics, and tiller drive installations.
– NMEA 0183 can be monitored to enable wind direction steering. Add a NMEA 2K converter for tracking 2K bus data.
– Wireless remote control is available.
– Drive large motors/pumps (type 1, 2, 3) or linear actuators, up to 25 amp.
– A simple user interface is implemented in a watertight control head. Dim-able LEDs indicate status.
– Implemented in two enclosures, a water tight control head, and a motor driver IP65 rate enclosure.