Autopilot Controller and Motor Drive (lead time is 5 weeks currently)
Upgrade your existing below deck or tiller autopilot system with our state of the art 9-axis gyro controller. Increase accuracy and dependability.
Our autopilot controller uses data from the internal roll, pitch, and yaw gyros to monitor and predict boat movement in any sea state, whether surfing downwind, or beating against the tradewinds. Its internal compass works as long as it maintains a 12 volt power source and is completely independent of any other system on your vessel, so you know that the autopilot will keep you on course long after your chartplotter gives out.
For those wishing to sail the highest course or maintain sheeting angles despite compass headings, The Pelagic System can incorporate your NMEA 0183 or 2k apparent wind data as well.
The Pelagic system is trusted by offshore sailors around the world, install one on your boat today for better performance and safety at sea.
- Autopilot Control head with front panel.
- Power electronics for drive of your existing rudder drive mechanism.
- Available Options Include:
- Wireless remote control - Actuator parts kit. A back up actuator that can be used for spares or converted to an operational actuator - Actuator extension kit - Fabric covers for actuator and control head
- Adaptive algorithms adjust power level to conditions.
- Data from nine MEMS sensors monitor the vessels attitude and is used to adjust course and to compensate for roll, pitch, and yaw.
- Flexible drive electronics allows operation with existing wheel, below deck hydraulics, and tiller drive installations.
- NMEA 0183 can be monitored to enable wind direction steering. Add a NMEA 2K converter for tracking 2K bus data.
- Drive large motors/pumps (type 1 or 2) or linear actuators, up to 25 amp.
- A simple user interface is implemented in a watertight control head. Dim-able LEDs indicate status.
- Implemented in two enclosures, a water tight control head, and a motor driver IP65 rate enclosure.